Sunday, May 17, 2009

5/16/09 - Nomad World Pub - Minneapolis

May 16, 2009
Nomad World Pub
Minneapolis

Set:
| Poet (Who Didn't Know It) | M'Lady | Clone You | Last Night | Moon Over the Water | I'm a Bad MammaJamma (Who Works at Wendy's) | Found My Boogie | Chosen Ones | Jumpstart My Rocket |


Tonight was our first time playing at the Nomad World Pub in Minneapolis. It's a nice place, kind of long and narrow with a stage at the back end. What the stage lacks in width, it makes up for in depth. We had to stagger ourselves in a pretty strange formation in order to all fit, but it all worked out. The sound guy (whose name eludes me) was a perfectly nice guy who helped us out and talked us through it.

We played the show tonight with Maudlin, The Invincible Kids and Supercollider, so we had expected there to be a pretty decent crowd. Well, as our luck goes, there was a huge show going on down the block at Triple Rock. So parking was terrible and most of the parked cars contained people who went to the Rock. The people that did make it out to the Nomad though all had a good time, obviously. I mean, look at that lineup.

I (tony) had a tiny bit of an issue again tonight. My back irritated me somewhat again tonight, but thankfully, my amazing bandmates helped me a little bit, and once the music started I was good to go.

Before the show tonight, Liza and I were pretty hungry. We wanted to each get a slice of pizza, but there were no cheese or veggie slices, so Liza went down the block to get us some Greek food. I had this awesome pita-ish thing. What I didn't realize was that it was going to be the spiciest, most painful food I had ever put in my mouth. It rivaled the one and only time I tried Da Bomb: Ground Zero. Eh, whatever. It was fuel for my rock machine, I say.

The show was solid, as has been the norm lately. We ripped through some high-energy goodness and had a good time.

Afterward, we had a couple beers and Dustin and I had a good conversation about the direction of the band and how we think things can progress. It was all very positive, and the future of the band looks good. Rock it, ladies and gentlemen. Rock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment