Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12/2/08 - Turf Club - St. Paul

December 2, 2008
Turf Club
Saint Paul, Minn.

Set:
| Good Vibes | I'm a Bad MammaJamma (Who Works at Wendy's) | M'Lady | Last Night | Poet (Who Didn't Know It) | The Date | Chosen Ones | Lady Madonna [The Beatles] | Aphrodite | Jumpstart My Rocket |


We returned again to the Turf Club. The Turf is a weird place. It's a really fun venue and we love playing there, but it's kind of hard (for us) to draw a crowd in that room. But play we did. And loud.

Currently, my (tony's) niece is in town for a surgery, so I was somewhat distracted tonight, because at about 6:00am she'll be going under and we'll all be there. So we all said a little prayer for Angell tonight. But in the meantime, it was time to rock and my sisters Wendy and Laurel were there to join in the frivolity. "Poet (Who Didn't Know It)" went out to them tonight.

My distractedness manifested itself early on. We started the set with "Good Vibes" and in the midst I dropped a stick. No biggie, though, because no one even noticed it. In fact, I think that was my only major mishap, so this whole paragraph is pretty well worthless.

After Bad MammaJamma, in a James Brown voice, Dustin said, "Heh, Just the tip!" Take from that what you will.

Anthony's guitar was not cooperating tonight in the sense that between nearly every song, he had to retune. This was unfortunate because it slowed down our typical live flow, but what can you do? We still rocked it.

After "Chosen Ones", Dustin informed the crowd that "You were chosen to listen to that song right now... by the fates!" Then went on to say something about Morgan Freeman cussing. It didn't make sense to me, but I'm sure someone somewhere got it.

That's about it for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment