Tuesday, April 29, 2014

4/29/14 - Honey - Minneapolis

Set:
| Prelude / 7 Eleven | Beards | Destiny, She Drives a Rolls | Moon Over the Water | Modern Age | Mystic Princess | Fluffy Little Hands | Stan | Veronica | Jumpstart My Rocket |



Poster by Tony Kollman
I had heard of Honey, but I had never been there before tonight. There it is, kind of hidden away on Hennepin. There's a door with a bee on it and the word "Honey" below. You go in the door and go down the long stairway to a wide open, dark, dungeon-like basement. There's a bar, there are tables and seating, and a stage. It's a perfect little hideaway for some drinks and music.

I got there before any of my Junemates and just chilled for awhile, observing the people and the vibe and exploring the space. It was really laid back. I liked it. Everyone got there and we got a drink, hung out, visited, set up. I helped the drummer of Turn Back Now set up his drum kit and he let me share it. The Mercellas drummer used his own stuff, which included a kick pedal hooked up to a suitcase. It was pretty cool. 

Tonight's show was a good solid little set of Junebug favorites and it was pretty indicative of where we're at. We played stuff from Share, stuff from Modern Day, stuff from Beards and even some stuff from the forthcoming Stan. That includes the debut of a brand new song from that project, "Veronica." "Veronica" is one of my favorites from the new album and I'm glad we have now shown it to the world. It was a good, solid performance. Good energy, good vibe. The people there were diggin' it. And I dig that.

No comments:

Post a Comment