Friday, July 10, 2009

7/10/09 - Basilica Promo Appearances - Minneapolis

Set:
| Last Night | Poet (Who Didn't Know It) | M'Lady |


Part of winning the Battle for the Basilica was getting TV spots on the morning news. Both Junebug and Section 30 made appearances on local stations, with Junebug showing up on Channel 5 and Channel 9.

We had to get up pretty early this morning. It was the earliest I (tony) have been up in a long time. Even with that being said, I was the last to arrive. In fact, when I was between my house and the Basilica, Dustin called to ask where I was, noting that Junebug may have been on TV already by that point.

Anyhow, I arrived: trucker moustache, my wife's robe and all. We had rehearsed acoustic arrangments of "Last Night," "Poet" and "M'Lady" and they were a little different, so after we got ourselves situated, we ran through them again while the cameras weren't rolling, just to stay on the safe side.

Rusty Gatenby from KTSP Channel 5 visited with us for a bit on air, promoting our upcoming set tonight and he even took a couple tries at playing "Stairway to Heaven" on Dustin's guitar. He was a really friendly dude off air, too and we had a good time with him.

Our appearance on Fox 9 was as background music for an on-air Jimmy John's sandwich eating contest. We were also mentioned by name and our set was plugged, as was our current involvement in the Fox 9 Battle of the Bands.

After the news appearances were over, I decided I wanted to get a look at the view from the stage. It is without question the largest stage we will have ever played to this point. I'm looking forward to tonight.

Additionally, extra sandwiches were given away after the eating contest and I got an awesome veggie sub. It hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment